My god brother and his wife posted these yummy waffles they had made on their facebook page one day. I knew I had to make them around the holidays. I went to Rachel Ray’s website and found the recipe. Here you go….
1 box of Red Velvet cake mix
Non-stick cooking spray
Make the red velvet cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and then cook waffles as normal.
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE MIX TOGETHER:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, one small block, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until cooked but not crisp, turning once. (It will continue to cook in oven.) Set bacon aside; drain all except 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- In medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup of the milk, the eggs, salt and pepper with fork or whisk until well mixed. Stir in bell pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture heats, portions of eggs will begin to set. Gently push cooked portions with metal spatula to outside edge of skillet. Avoid stirring constantly. As more egg sets, push it to the edge and place it on top of the already set egg mixture. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
- Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. On parchment-lined cookie sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward center, overlapping in star shape and leaving 4-inch round circle open in center (see diagram). Crescent dough points may hang over edge of cookie sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten.
- Place bacon on each of the triangles. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the cheese onto widest part of dough. Spoon eggs over cheese. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese. Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese, and tuck under dough to form ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. With broad spatula, carefully loosen ring from cookie sheet; slide onto serving platter. Garnish with cilantro and salsa.
I have this yummy green smoothie every morning. I decided to jazz it up a bit this morning by topping it off with some strawberries. There are several variations of this drink. If you search the web, you can find great recipes for this very healthy drink. Here is the recipe that I use:
2 cups of Organic Green fresh green leaf spinach
2 Red Apples
1 cup of carrots
1 cup of water
2 cups of ice
Mix everything in the blender until all is blended well and has a smoothie texture. This makes 4 servings.