Wintertime is a stunningly beautiful time of year. There is just so much natural beauty to behold! However, this can be the least inspiring time of year with freezing temperatures and a lack of warm sunshine. The harsh winter climate can take its toll on us physically and mentally.
During the colder months, do you tend to lose sight of your goals as you become absorbed by the dreariness and drabness of the air around you? If so, Spring is your opportunity to wake up and feel rejuvenated!
Springtime is the perfect season for placing a renewed focus on your home goals. As the dreariness starts to wear away and natural, warm beauty starts to peep through the clouds, your mission can be to gain inspiration from what’s around you and set out to pick up where you left off with a new outlook in your space.
Ideal Goals to Work Toward During Springtime
As you observe what’s re-emerging around you, a good plan is to focus on the following goals:
1. Decluttering. Relieving your home of things that bring you no purpose or joy can give you a jolt of energy. Devote a lot of attention to getting rid of items in your home you do not use.
2. Assess. Assess your home and make refreshing changes to bring better use to your space. Do you have a dining room that you have only used once in the past year, but you need a homeschool room for the kids? Your home should function beautifully for your and your family’s everyday needs.
3. Beautify. Find ways to beautify your home. This will give you a renewed freshness in your space. Buy some fresh flowers for your coffee table, and reorganize your tea cabinet to feature your spring flavors.
Although our home is extremely important to our good health and happiness, be sure to also think about yourself this spring. Here are some things to think about:
1. Head back to the gym. If you are anything like me, you find it hard to head out to the gym during cold winter days. After all, it means jumping out of a warm bed and into the cold outdoor weather. And it’s perhaps just as hard to start back your workouts after such a long break. But the beginning of spring is the best time to resume because:
• It’s the beginning of the warm months, so it’s much easier to get out of bed and get going!
• It’s the perfect season to get inspired by nature because there’s much growth and beauty taking place outdoors. Trees, flowers, and even animals show their ability to prosper after frigid weather, which is an indication that you can successfully do the same!
2. Plan a new healthy eating plan. A new, refreshing season is the perfect time to start a new healthy eating plan. Winter is traditionally a festive season, often involving much eating and drinking. And while the festivities are great, they can also wreak havoc on your body.
3. Get your annual checkup. Springtime is the season of new beginnings, which also makes it a great time to focus on your physical health. Annual checkups can clear you for your exercise plans and alert you to any concerns you may need to address.
It is natural for us to feel inspired when winter months have come to an end and warm spring months are drawing closer. When you see the world around you renew itself and prosper, you can’t help but feel inspired!
Hugs and Love Nikki