Did you know your home can have a great impact on your frame of mind? For example, dark and ugly rooms can make you feel sad and discouraged. Bright, cheery rooms rejuvenate you. However, there are many things you can do besides painting to brighten your home and lighten your mood.
Try these ideas:
1. Add more light. Light is one of the easiest ways to boost your mood. Increase the amount of light in a room by opening blinds and curtains. White blinds and curtains reflect the light.
2. Choose bright and cheerful paint colors. You may be creating drama with dark brown or black paint, but it won’t help your mood.
3. Add happy artwork. Select art that makes you feel happy. Images of beautiful landscapes, animals, and abstract designs are popular choices. You can also frame your children’s artwork as a reminder of the joy they bring into your life.
4. Add flowers. Fresh flowers are preferred and will also add a nice fragrance to a room. However, they’re not the only option. Silk flowers come in a variety of realistic choices and can instantly brighten a room.
5. Rearrange or replace decorations. Does the vase from your aunt make you want to cry? Do you wish your decorations could get an upgrade?
6. Get rid of clutter. Clutter can weigh you down emotionally and negatively influence your mood, even if you think you don’t notice it. If you clean your house and eliminate clutter, you’ll notice a big emotional change. Consider new storage ideas, such as bins under your bed, to prevent clutter from reappearing.
If you need guidance on how to purge, de-clutter, and organize your home, we can work one-on-one to create an efficient and beautiful space that will function for you. I would love to see what we’ll create together!
7. Work with fragrance. If you don’t have allergies, then you can use fragrance for a positive change.
8. Add more pictures of your family and friends. If seeing an image of your loved ones instantly makes you smile, then consider adding more of their pictures to your home.
9. Remove a wall. If a wall prevents the rooms from getting adequate light, removing it can help you feel better.
Uplift your mood by making simple changes around your home. You’ll notice a difference in how you feel almost immediately.
Hugs and Love,